Top 10 Coolest Ways Famous Celebrities Came Out As Gay

For celebrities, especially those on-camera, it's harder than one would think to come out of the closet to the entire world. 
They have to deal with both the public response and subsequent fears of typecasting when it comes to movies and television. 
But these famous celebrities are not only brave but also awesome in the way they chose to broke the news to the world. 
And today, to celebrate Norwegian pop star Tooji coming out in the most spectacular way,let’s take a look at this list of the Top 10 most badass ways that these gay celebs announced their sexual orientation. 
10. Jason Collins
In an Interview
NBA center Jason Collins made history in April 2013 when he became the first male US athlete in a major professional sport to come out as gay. 
He addressed his sexuality in an interview for Sports Illustrated, telling the magazine, "I didn't set out to be the first openly gay athlete playing in a major American team sport. But since I am, I'm happy to start the conversation. I wish I wasn't the kid in the classroom raising his hand and saying, 'I'm different.' If I had my way, someone else would have already done this. Nobody has, which is why I'm raising my hand."
9. Portia de Rossi
On a Magazine Cover
Lance Bass famously had the words "I'm Gay" over his face on People magazine, which was bold and awesome for sure. But Portia De Rossi, Ellen DeGeneres' wife put her face on the cover of a different magazine, The Advocate. 
What was also so cool about her coming out was her pride yet humility. "I've had my years of being not open, many years of it," she said in the 2005 interview. "It's an honor for me to do this; it's just nice to be asked." 
She discussed how she had initially had the stance of never denying it, but that she had a "very long and difficult struggle with [her] sexuality." 
8. Tom Daley

In a Video
In 2013, British Olympic diver Tom Daley came out with a video captioned, "This has been a hard decision to make, but I wanted you to hear this from me." 
In the video, he said, "Of course, I still fancy girls, but right now I'm dating a guy, and I couldn't be happier."
In a Speech
Actress Ellen Page came out in February 2014 at the Time to THRIVE conference in Las Vegas. 
During her speech, she said, "I'm here today because I am gay and because maybe I can make a difference, to help others have an easier and more hopeful time. Regardless, for me, I feel a personal obligation and a social responsibility."

In a New York Times Profile
In 2012, The Big Bang Theory's Jim Parsons was confirmed gay in a New York Times profile. In the piece, his sexual orientation was mentioned in passing, along with the fact that he's been with his partner for 10 years.
5. Rosie O'Donnell 
In a Stand-Up Routine
Rosie O'Donnell has one of the coolest coming-outs ever because she did it on a stage...during stand-up comedy - and not just any comedy show! It was the 2002 Ovarian Cancer Research benefit. 
At Caroline's Comedy Club, one of the most beloved in New York, the then-talk show host said the words, "I'm a dyke!" That's pretty much the most badass way to call yourself a lesbian.

4. Jodie Foster
At the Golden Globes
To mixed reviews from LGBT activists, Jodie Foster delivered what many called a "sort-of coming out speech" while accepting the 2013 Golden Globe Lifetime Achievement Award. 
On the stage, she confirmed to the millions of viewers that she had already come out to everyone she met, just never on TV or in an interview before. She also thanked her ex-girlfriend Cydney Bernard.
3. Wentworth Miller
In a Letter
Wentworth Miller came out in a letter in 2013, rejecting an invitation to the St. Petersburg International Film Festival in Russia because of the country's discriminatory laws. 
"As someone who has enjoyed visiting Russia in the past and can also claim a degree of Russian ancestry, it would make me happy to say yes," he wrote. 
"However, as a gay man, I must decline. I am deeply troubled by the current attitude toward and treatment of gay men and women by the Russian government."

At the Steve Chase Humanitarian Awards 
Matt Bomer came out at the Steve Chase Humanitarian Awards in 2012 by thanking his partner, Simon Halls, and their three kids when he accepted an award for his work fighting HIV/AIDS. 
He said, "I'd really especially like to thank my beautiful family: Simon, Kit, Walker, Henry. Thank you for teaching me what unconditional love is. You will always be my proudest accomplishment."
On a Sitcom
It was a whirlwind of coming out for comedian, actress, and talk show host Ellen DeGeneres in 1997. 
She came out publicly on The Oprah Winfrey Show, appeared on the cover of Time magazine with the quote, "Yep, I'm gay," and then had her character on the sitcom Ellen come out to her therapist, who was played by Oprah!

Hope these awesome ways to come out could inspire you.